Thursday, January 23, 2014

EEEEEEKKK!





It had only been 12 hours since I was admiring how great the boat looked.  Just 12 hours.  Then the Captain decided it was time to finish pulling up the flooring.  Initially I thought, well no big deal.  After all the flooring we had already taken up had come up pretty easily.  But easy was not the way the day would go.  Instead we found the rest of the flooring glue to be more like concrete.  It took a hammer and chisel as well as a run to the hardware store for a new tool to get it all up.  The result was a mess of dust and debris everywhere.  To say I was discouraged would be an understatement.  Let me be more specific an ENORMOUS UNDERSTATEMENT.  I wanted to throw things and speak things that can't be said here. 

But days later, when the new flooring was in I was feeling much better.   I'd say that everything is looking great but I fear if I say it too loudly the Captain will find another project.

The Admiral

No comments: