Friday, March 9, 2012

New Pastimes....


Since we are still in Stuart, Florida we thought it was time to pick up some new hobbies. We've already told you about cards and aqua aerobics. We've also added harmonica lessons to the mix. Captain Dave is picking it up much better than I am. He and our friend Chuck have started taking familiar songs, surfing the internet for the harmonica music and refining the music to suit their tastes. I, on the hand, am still working on lesson 1 - Taps.
Additionally, I've been helping our friend Rod out. He had his hip replaced several months ago and is in need of the other hip to be done as well. He hadn't been doing exercises as he should for a while so we started an early morning 30 minute pool session which serves as Rod's physical therapy. Its been going well. Rod is feeling better. Despite this, he still refers to me as his Drill Sergeant whenever we are in the pool. Hey, I'm just here to help - but if he doesn't keep his legs movin' I definitely give him a hard time about it. Pictured here is one of our first pool sessions which wasn't interrupted by the downpour. We paused for the photo and then kept on exercising.
The Admiral

No comments: