Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Walking Buddies...



For the last month Ellen from Westwind and I have had the goal of walking 20,000 steps daily. Now, for those of you thinking.....20,000 steps that's easy.....think again. The only way we've found to accomplish it is to start each day with a 90 minute powerwalk. This gives us about 11-12 thousand steps. We are then able to get the remaining 8000+ steps through the normal course of our day.

With all the stepping one would think I'd have dropped a few pounds. Unfortunately not. We have, however, started a trend and there are now at least 6 other boater friends of ours who are pedometer converts. Of course, some are more converted than others. Captain Dave and Ellen's husband, Captain Eric, only seem interested in getting their steps in when it involves going out for food or drink. Oh my.

The Admiral
3/28/2010
PS. Dave.....thanks for the manatee song! Now I know that I need to coax the manatee with verses of French.

No comments: